An Outdoor Photo Contest and Exhibit will be held at the 16th Annual SouthArk Outdoor Expo on Saturday, September 13, 2014, at the El Dorado Conference Center, 311 South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas from 9:00 a.m. till 2:30 p.m.
- Wildlife:Photographs of wild animals (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, and insects).
- Flora: Photographs of flowers, trees, shrubs, mushrooms and other members of the plant kingdom.
- Scenic: Photographs of the natural environment where wildlife, flora, and geological formations are the main subject. These photographs may not have people as a main focus.
- People in the Outdoors: Photographs of people participating in outdoor activities.
Best of Show -- $200
(All category entrants are eligible)
$100 First Place
(One first place cash prize given in each category)
$75 Second Place
(One second place cash prize given in each category)
$50 Third Place
(One third place cash prize given in each category)
Winning entries may be reproduced for possible inclusion in future Outdoor Expo promotional materials. Entry in this contest represents consent to use the photo in future publications without further compensation.
- Photographs must be the original work of the entrant.
- Both amateur and professional photographs may be entered.
- Photo size should be 8” x 10”.
- All photos must be matted or framed, using neutral colors, and must have a hanger or wire for hanging.
- The name and address of the entrant must be attached to the back of each entry using the tag provided on the last page of this form.
Location of Exhibit
- The exhibit will take place at the El Dorado Conference Center on Saturday, September 13, from 9am-3pm, in the south foyer.
Delivery of Photographs
- Entries must be delivered to the SouthArk Student Services Center, located on the 2nd floor of the El Dorado Conference Center, between 10am and 4pm, on September 3, 4, 10, or 11.
- Mailed entries must include return postage and a self-addressed label.
- Mailed entries without return postage will be kept at the SouthArk Student Services Center.
Pick-up of Photographs
- Photos should be picked up at the photo exhibit between 3:00-3:30pm, on the first floor, south foyer of the Conference and Student Center on the day of the exhibit. Photos not picked up at the Outdoor Expo will be available for pick up September 15-18, from 10am-4pm at the SouthArk Student Services Center, located on the 2nd floor of the El Dorado Conference Center, after which time they will become the property of the Outdoor Expo.
- Winners will be announced and cash prizes will be given at 3:30pm at the main stage at the corner of South Washington and Locust Streets.
- Entry in the contest (submission of photos) signifies agreement with the rules and conditions of the contest and exhibit.
- The following may not be entered in the contest:
- Color or black and white transparencies
- Special darkroom or digital techniques
- All entries are subject to acceptance by the Outdoor Expo Photo Contest Committee. Pending space availability, photos which do not meet the criteria may be included on an “Exhibit Only” basis. All decisions by the judge or the Outdoor Expo Photo Committee are final and are not subject to appeal.
- Photos entered and accepted into the contest and exhibit will be displayed during the Outdoor Expo. All reasonable care will be exercised to prevent damage or loss of photos. However, the Outdoor Expo, their employees, sponsors or affiliates will not assume any responsibility or liability for damage or loss of entries.