An Outdoor Photo Contest and Exhibit will be held at the 21st Annual SouthArk Outdoor Expo.
Saturday, September 7, 2019, at the El Dorado Conference Center, 311 South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas.
9:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
Give Us Your Best Shot! Register today for the SouthArk Outdoor Expo PHOTO CONTEST for only $5. Just shoot & win for cash prizes up to $200!
Wildlife: Photographs of wild animals (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, and insects).
Flora: Photographs of flowers, trees, shrubs, mushrooms and other members of the plant kingdom.
Scenic: Photographs of the natural environment where wildlife, flora, and geological formations (NOT PEOPLE) are the main subject.
People in the Outdoors: Photographs of people participating in outdoor activities.
|Best of Show
(All entrants are eligible.)
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|One 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize are given in each category.|
Winning entries may be reproduced for possible inclusion in future Outdoor Expo promotional materials.
Entry in this contest represents consent to use the photo in future publications without further compensation.
The Outdoor Photo Contest and Exhibit will be held at the 21st Annual South Arkansas Community College Foundation’s Outdoor Expo on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at the El Dorado Conference and Student Center, 311 South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in the south foyer.
- Wildlife: Photographs of wild animals (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, and insects).
- Flora: Photographs of flowers, trees, shrubs, mushrooms and other members of the plant kingdom.
- Scenic: Photographs of the natural environment where wildlife, flora and geological formations are the main subject. These photographs may not have people as the main focus.
- People in the Outdoors: Photographs of people participating in outdoor activities.
- Best of Show -- $200 (All category entrants are eligible)
- Category prizes -- $100 First Place (One first place cash prize given in each category)
- $75 Second Place (One second place cash prize is given in each category)
- $50 Third Place (One third place cash prize is given in each category)
Entrance fee is $5 per entry, payable to the SouthArk Foundation. Entries will not be accepted without payment of the entry fee.
Winning entries may be reproduced for possible inclusion in future Outdoor Expo promotional materials. Entry in this contest represents consent to use the photo in future publications without further compensation.
Outdoor Photo Contest Rules
• The name and address of the entrant must be attached to the back of each entry using the tag provided on the last page of this form.
• Both amateur and professional photographs may be entered.
• Basic corrective editing allowed (cropping, toning, brightness, contrast). No major digital manipulations or photo illustrations accepted.
• Photos may not be entered in multiple categories.
• Color or black and white transparencies are not allowed.
• Photo size should be 8”x 10”.
• Photos must be matted or framed, using neutral colors, and have a hanger or wire for hanging.
Delivery of Photographs:
- Place: SouthArk Library, front desk. 300 Summit, El Dorado, Arkansas 71730
- Date: August 28 - September 4
- Delivery Time: Between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m (9 a.m. - 11 a.m. on Friday)
Mailed entries must include return postage and a self-addressed label.
Location of Photo Exhibit:
• The exhibit will be located Saturday, September 7, at the El Dorado Conference and Student Center, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., in the south foyer.
Picking Up Photographs:
• Photos should be picked up at the photo exhibit between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m., on the first floor, south foyer of the Conference and Student Center on the day of the exhibit. Photos not picked up at the Outdoor Expo will be available for pick up between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.at the SouthArk Library (front desk), Monday, September 9, through Tuesday, September 10, after which time they become the property of the Outdoor Expo.
• Winners will be announced and cash prizes will be given at 3:30 p.m. on the main stage at the corner of S. Washington and Locust Sts.
• Entry in the contest (submission of photos) signifies agreement with the rules and conditions of the contest and exhibit.
• All entries are subject to acceptance by the Outdoor Expo Photo Contest Committee. Pending space availability, photos which do not meet the criteria MAY be included on an “Exhibit Only” basis. All decisions by the judge or the Outdoor Expo Photo Committee are final and are not subject to appeal.
• Photos entered and accepted into the contest and exhibit will be displayed during the Outdoor Expo. All reasonable care will be exercised to prevent damage or loss of photos. However, the Outdoor Expo, their employees, sponsors or affiliates will not assume any responsibility or liability for damage or loss of entries.