Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in Arkansas, facemasks will be required in all indoor facilities at the Outdoor Expo. The decision to require masks is based on rising case counts, the severity of the Delta variant of the virus, limited hospital capacity, guidance from the CDC and the Arkansas Department of Health, and the overarching need to protect those who come to our campus.
Thank you to our 5K sponsor Delek US
Start Time: 7:30 a.m. for Runners and Walkers
Location: Start and Finish are at Corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
Awards: 8:30 a.m. at the Main Stage
SouthArk Outdoor Expo Hero 5k Run/Walk
Run for the Heroes
Real heroes, ordinary people, extraordinary courage. All gave some…some gave all.
The SouthArk Outdoor Expo Hero 5k Run/Walk, sponsored by Delek, will once again host the Hero 5k Run/Walk. This race is in honor of our local courageous heroes - military personnel, first responders, and to those who perished in the 911 attacks. Its purpose is to raise awareness of the sacrifices made daily by these heroes and to unite our community with the goal to never forget the sacrifices of the 911 heroes.
On Tuesday, September 11th, 2001, 403 first responders made the ultimate sacrifice saving countless lives in the devastating 911 attacks. The community is invited to honor our hometown heroes, the first responders who gave their lives 20 years ago, and those who have served in the wars since while paying tribute to the heroes of today working on our frontlines.
The Hero 5k Ran/Walk grew in memory of Major Ronald Wayne Culver, who died in Iraq on May 24th, 2010. Major Culver served multiple combat deployments throughout his military career and served on countless programs and organizations in our local community. He was a true American hero was courageously sacrificed his life for our country.
It is an honor for us to recognize the courageous spirit of firefighters, military, law enforcement, and healthcare in preserving our country’s freedom.
Date - Saturday, September 11, 2021
Location – South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado Conference and Student Center
El Dorado, Arkansas
Friday, September 10, 2021, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Day Prior to Race Day
• Packet Pickup – El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall
Saturday, September 11, 2021 – Race Day
• 6:15-7:15 a.m. Race day registration and packet will be available @ start location
• 7:30 a.m. Start time @ the corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
• 8:30 a.m. Award Ceremony @ the Main Stage
How to Register
By Mail: Send completed form and check payable to SouthArk Foundation, P.O. Box 7010, El Dorado, AR 71731
In-Person: South Arkansas Community College, 300 South West Avenue
SouthArk Foundation Office, Administration Building, 2nd floor, Suite 209
Printable Form: Click Here
• Pre-registration by Wednesday, September 1, is $25, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Registration after Wednesday, September 1, is $30.
• Runner Divisions: 70+,60-69, 55-59, 50-54, 45-49, 40-44, 35-39, 30-34, 25-29, 20-24, 15-19, 10-14, 0-9
We now have a Walker's Division!
• Must register by Friday, September 3, to guarantee a race shirt. Sizes Available: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
• Friday, September 10, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall or on Saturday, September 11, @ start location
• Start at Corner of E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave. – Proceed North on S. Jefferson Ave. – Turn left onto Griffith St. – Turn left onto Mall parking lot/access road – Turn left onto E. 13th St. – Turn right onto N. Jefferson Ave. – Finish at E. Cedar St. and S. Jefferson Ave.
Course Map (online)
Course Map (print/photo)
• $100 cash prize and award to first place overall male and female
• First place overall male and female will not receive age division awards
• Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age and gender division
• Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
Inclement Weather Policy
The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be canceled. No refunds will be given.
• Due to reasons beyond our control, it may become necessary to change some of the event locations, start times, etc. Please visit the race website periodically to check for any updates: www.southarkexpo.com or https://runsignup.com/Race/AR/ElDorado/SouthArkHero5KRunWalk